Wednesday, October 06, 2004

THE FOUNTAINHEAD - Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand rocks... she writes with the preciscion of a scorpion's sting.... and it hurts just as much.. How the purest form of honesty can make the most simple of men, innately frightening to society. If you HAVE read it and STILL persist in running around telling little chideren to be afraid of the 'atheist dogs who will eat them up' and shouting hysterical warnings about 'hell-flames' to those of us who find flames nothing more than a source of warmth (and sometimes a bit of pyro-amusement)... well... i say unto thee.. "be thou damned" if such a thing be possible....
but i'd prefer to first confine you in a pitch black cell forever, and then give you, YOUR supposed "water of eternal life"... that would be funny. =).... just a thought.
maybe in all those millenia you spend in your cell... you might spend the first twenty years cursing me... the next hundered praying.... and then (maybe after a millenium)..REASON might just erode the thick layer around your skull and Penetrate!!.... ah... there is no enlightenment better than a good line of logical, honest reasoning.
after all...
"Why do you rely on someone else's enlightenment... when you can get your own?" - arguments of the Hellspawn

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia C. said...

Ah! Another who appreciates Ayn Rand!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I really should read it. A lot of people tell me how great the book is, but a few (one whose opinion I respect in particular) tell me it's somewhat overrated.

I'll make the judgement for myself in time.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hells Pawn, you eventually managed to confuse at least 2 people with your deceptive title. What does "Ayn Rand" have to do with being enlightened anyway?
I find these comments coming from the pen ahem! finger tapping of a 17 year old pretty amusing and cheeky.
After thought: You have something in what you say.......

3:48 PM  
Blogger Hellspawn~ The Ωmen said...

umm... i dont know who that was... but youve percieved something interesting... yes... my topic has NOTHING to do wih my subject... it is a mere "prop" for me to express myself... or maybe its a 'stage'....
the crux of my posts are generally the "quotes" at the end... the same applies to the 'starship enterprise'... it had nothing whatsoever to do with the post.

i apreciate the komment as it gave me an opportunity to clarify my 'writing' style.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Free Web Counter